Changes for 2023/24
Changes for the 2023/24 season are curently being considered – after feedback is recieved for stakeholders these changes will be advised to Clubs and Schools.
Changes implemented in 2022/23
YEAR 6 BOYS HARDBALL moves to Post-Christmas variation in February 2023
- 20/20 – NOT “PAIRS CRICKET”
- Introduction of the “Grace Period” for the first time – players can’t be dismissed until their 7th ball
- Team numbers remain at 8-a-side
Previous changes made in 2021/22 remain in place
- There is no longer a MAX ZONE in Year 5/6 cricket
- Free Hit Cones have been moved forward 1 metre (only Year 5/6)
- Batters may hit either ball on either side of the wicket but must start from the middle of the batters crease (only in Year 5/6)
- Fielding Exclusion zones are now 10 metres from the batter only.