As part of the CJCA program, we offer our junior players the opportunity to play games against other Districts teams.
As with all representative programs we follow the selection criteria below;
Selection of CJCA – Years 7 – 8
There are no Interdistricts matches played at Year 6 level only from the January in which the players are entering Year 7.
Year 7 Festivals will comprise of evenly balanced CJCA teams based on the total number of teams we can construct from nominations
Year 8 players involved in the CJCA Spring and Summer Festivals will have the opportunity to be selected into CJCA teams to participate in the traditional South Island Tournament which we have two team slots in we currently select 11 players for this squad – players not selected for these teams still have the opportunity to be included in teams to participate in the newly create South Island Festival to be held at a similar time in January each year. In January 2022 the traditional event is based around Alexandra and the new event will be held in Christchurch.
In order to test higher assessed players against one another in the year leading up to this selection Summer & Spring teams will be graded so as to judge to skilled of higher assessed players against one another – this also allows for less experienced junior players to play at an appropriate level if they are new to CJCA Festivals.
During the internal festivals, every player will get an opportunity with batting pods and minimum amount of bowling overs in place.
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Players must be involved in the CJCA Festival tournament. To enhance selection you should attend all three games. Where a player is injured, sick or has a genuine reason why they are unable to attend all/any games then they need to contact the Grade Manager. In these cases, the other criteria for selection will be used.
- Performance over the CJCA Festival.
- Previous performances at CJCA events and Festival games – this is more applicable for year 8 selections where the grade manager will have performance data on all players.
- Attitude, work ethic, fielding, fitness, self-motivation
- Character on and off the field & team fit
- Feedback from Winter Training coaches – Year 8 only. This will cover technical assessment, attitude, work ethic
- Technical skills assessment (pre-CJCA Festivals)
- Team balance
- Saturday performances, especially for year 8 selections.