As part of the CJCA program, we offer our junior players the opportunity to play representative cricket. Our infographic shows the development pathway for those of you interests in playing representative cricket.
As with all representative programs we follow the selection criteria below;
Selection of CJCA Representatives – Year 6 – 8
Players involved in the regional tournaments will have the opportunity to be selected into CJCA representative (Invitational) sides. Generally, these players come from the Development teams. The main purpose of these representative games is to provide all selected players with the opportunity to further develop their skills in higher levels of cricket. During the Regional tournaments, every player will get an opportunity with batting pods and minimum amount of bowling overs in place.
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Players must be involved in the regional tournament. To enhance selection you should attend all three games. Where a player is injured, sick or has a genuine reason why they are unable to attend all/any games then they need to contact the Grade Manager. In these cases, the other criteria for selection will be used.
- Performance over the Regional tournament.
- Previous performances at Regional tournaments and Representative games – this is more applicable for year 7 & 8 selections where the grade manager will have performance data on all players.
- Attitude, work ethic, fielding, fitness, self-motivation
- Character – on and off the field – team fit
- Feedback from Winter Training coaches – Year 8 only. This will cover technical assessment, attitude, work ethic
- Trials – technical skills assessment
- Team balance
- Saturday performances, especially for year 8 selections.