Girls Pre-Season Training Registration
The CJCA is partnering with Evolution Sports Coaching for the 2020 Girls Winter Skills Programme to assist Girls between Years 5-8 get into Cricket mode before the start of the season.
The programme will run at the New Zealand Cricket High Performance Centre at Lincoln University from the 28th to the 30th of September – girls can attend the complete programme or just single days.
Sessions will start at 9am with a break mid way through the 3 1/2 hour programme each day.
The coaching team will work with groups based on ability to ensure that the below programme is delivered to suit the needs of the participant so all degrees of current ability/experience are encouraged to participate.
In addition to Hardball work for older Girls there will be Incrediball work for lesser experienced girls within the sessions.
- Monday 28th Sept 9am -12.30pm
- Tuesday 29th Sept 9am-12.30pm
- Wednesday 30th Sept 9am-12.30pm
$25 per day or $65 for all 3 days
Payments can be made prior to the programme commencing to the CJCA ANZ account 06 0665 0202125 00 with Girls / Skills / “surname” as reference
DAY 1 28th September: Intros and Ice breakers (warm up games etc)
- Fielding skills: Catching
- Batting skills: Drive and Defence
- Morning tea
- Mental skills – Goal setting
- Bowling Skills – Go over basics, Bowling Assessments to identify work-ons
DAY 2 29th September: Warm up games
- Fielding Skills – Throwing
- Batting Skills – Back foot – Cut and pull
- Morning Tea
- Mental skills – Routines and process
- Bowling skills – Development from previous day with batters facing bowling
DAY 3 30 Septembee: Warm up games
- Fielding Skills – Ground fielding
- Batting skills – Playing spin
- Morning tea
- Mental skills – Reflective process and confidence
- Bowling skills – Bowling plans and field setting.