NEW link to all previously submitted junior results on the Christchurch Metro Cricket website - click here
Link to Sportsrunner RESULTS to submit results is
Points are only allocated for the hard ball grades, Year 5 and older. The whole concept of CJCA cricket is for full participation and so for ALL players to have an equal oppourtunity to improve their skills. We feel that the allocating of points for the younger grades creates too much pressure to achieve results and so not follow our concept. Teams will still know how many games they have won and who else is unbeaten so we are sure sufficient and healthy competition will still exist! WE DO STILL WANT ALL TEAMS TO SUBMIT THEIR RESULT EACH WEEKEND.
Results are ideally to be notified by 12 noon on the Sunday following match day. It is agreed that either team can enter the result and each team is responsible for entering their own individual performances. No Result - No Points or inclusion in the details going to the press!
Canterbury Cricket pull all the cricket results together and submit them to the Press but do not have any control on what is published by them. We therefore have a link to all the results each weekend in case they do not get published. CLICK HERE for the results (starting for the 2012/13 season).
To submit your result by 12 noon on the Sunday after match day follow these instructions please.
1. Click on this link and enter Sport: Junior Cricket, enter: your Club or School, and then your Club or School Password (one per club/school). Club Convenors - listed here - have these passwords for distribution to each team coordinator / coach. Also note the page to submit will not be available for results inclusion until the due day of play.
The person submitting results will sometimes find that their match's result has already been entered by the opposition team. Instructions are provided in the 'Help' section on the results website, should there be a dispute over the result.
2. The 'Help' option at the top of the results page provides some excellent notes and even a video to confirm how to submit the results correctly.
3. When viewing your club/school teams listed, click on the "enter" button for your team. This brings up the boxes for you to enter the result details.
4. Enter your team score and wickets lost. This will show who has won, lost or if a tie. Only use the comments dropdown to indicate the result if the match is defaulted or cancelled/abandoned. (Chose either WBD = won by default or Canc = cancelled/abandoned). Please also enter the opposition's score and wickets lost.
For the Kiwi, 20/20 and Super 8's grades you should just enter the net score for your team. This means adding the runs gained by taking wickets to the runs scored by your batters. Do not worry about entering the number of wickets taken or lost, just include the runs in your total.
5. Any individual performances need to be entered in the box under the correct team name (BUT see next bullet point). If each team can enter these for thier own team please.
6. Where qualifying performances have occured. Player names should show first initial & surname only. Enter player performances that meet the qualifying runs or wickets only (see below)! This may sound harsh but other comments need to be removed manually by Mike Fisher at Canterbury Cricket, before he can submit the result to the paper and this is a time consuming exercise.
7. When you have finished, click the 'Update' button on the right, wait a moment for the score to be processed, and then you will see a tick at the right, to show that your entry has been accepted.
Qualifying wickets - 3 or more - enter as A Smith 3 for 20
Qualifying runs - see grade rules below (if not out, place an asterix after the runs scored - A Smith 50*)
Yr 7 Premier, Yr 8 and Premier - 40 or more runs
Yr 6 and 7 - 35 runs or more
Girls Yr 5/6 and Yr 7/8 - 25 runs or more
Yr 5, Yr 5 Super 8's, Girls Super 8's and 20/20 - 20 or more runs
Kiwi - 15 or more runs
Points: Points are awarded for all HARD BALL grades. Five points for a win, three points for a tie and 0 points for a loss.
Time limit: Beyond approx 7 days after the match, previous draws are withdrawn from the system meaning that historical results cannot be recorded. Per above, please enter results by 12 noon Sunday.
The Press: Results notified by 12 noon Sunday will also appear in The Press on Monday morning. Christchurch Metro Cricket and the CJCA have no control on what The Press choose to publish each week but all submitted results are sent in every week. Please see the link at the top of this page for submitted results which are stored on the Christchurch Metro Cricket website.